- If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? “I would go into town and purchase a scone from the local bakery and sit and read a book.”
- What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? “I do not know. I have never thought about it… I suppose I come across reserved.”
- What’s your idea of a good marriage? “I hear the earl and his late wife had a good marriage and I hope Lady Margaret will have the same when she marries the viscount.”
- What are you most proud of about your life? “I have managed to keep my lady out of trouble, despite all her antics over the years.”
- What are you most ashamed of in your life? “I knew about my lady’s secret meetings with the duke and I never did anything to stop it.”
- What do you believe about God? “That He loves me and He watches out for me.”
- Is there anything you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t done? “I have never swum in a lake and I hear there is a splendid one on the Brookehaven estate.”
- What’s the worst thing that’s happened in your life? “What did you learn from it? “Both my parents died from consumption within a year of each other when I was little. I learned to rely on myself.”
- Tell me about your best friend. “Lady Margaret, although with her getting married, I have been distancing myself. She needs to put her relationship with the viscount as her priority.”
- What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done to someone? Why? “Once, when the duke came to talk to the earl, I made sure to slip a little too much Tamarind into his cup of tea while he waited. I worried he was going to ruin my lady’s relationship with the viscount, so I wanted to cause him to not want to come back. I heard from some servants at his estate that for three days after, he was constantly visiting the privy and couldn’t eat.”
- What would you like it to say on your tombstone? “She was a kind and faithful servant who loved her mistress.”
- Describe your ideal mate. “Like I have mentioned, I think Lady Margaret is quite lucky to have the eye of the viscount, so I am partial to fair-haired men with deep brown eyes. I would not mind catching the eye of another man who looks like that.”
- What are you most afraid of? “What will happen if my lady chooses the wrong man to marry.”
- What do you like best about yourself? Least? “I like that I am loyal. I wish I could be more assertive.”
- What do you like best about Lady Margaret? Least? “I like that she is kind to all of the servants and she genuinely tries to please her father. I do not like the fact that she thinks she is in love with the Duke of Witherton.”
Jenna Brandt is a Christian historical fiction author and her books span from the Victorian to Western eras with elements of romance, suspense and faith. Her debut book, The English Proposal, released in May 2017. It is the first book in her series, The Window to the Heart Saga. Book 2, The French Encounter, released in June 2017, and the third in the series, The American Conquest, released in July 2017.
Writing is her passion, but she also enjoys cooking, watching movies, reading, engaging in social media and spending time with her three young daughters and husband where they live in the Central Valley of California. She is also active in her local church where she volunteers on their first impressions team as well as writes for the church’s creative team.
She is offering the first two chapters of each of her books for free on Wattpad.
To find out more about Jenna, to sign-up for her newsletter, or to purchase her books, visit her website at http://www.jennabrandt.com